Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern the design services provided by Ocula Limited (‘Ocula’) to the Client and should be read in conjunction with any quotation and any other related documents or information.
- Ocula shall provide a quotation based on a scope of work agreed with the Client. Any quotation by Ocula for its design services shall be valid for a period of 30 (thirty) days from its date, and Ocula may withdraw it at any time by notice to the Client.
- The fee for the design services is the amount set out in the quotation or any invoices issued by Ocula. Ocula shall invoice the Client monthly or at any other time as agreed in writing.
- Payment of all invoices by the Client shall be within 30 days of the date of the invoice (without set-off, deduction or discount).
- Changes to any scope of work requested by the Client which has been completed or part completed by Ocula, will be charged to the Client of £50 (fifty pounds) per hour.
- Interest shall be chargeable on overdue payments by the Client at 2% per month above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank Plc, accruing daily. All amounts stated are exclusive of VAT which Ocula shall add to the invoices at the appropriate rates.
- The Client will reimburse Ocula for all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses properly incurred by Ocula in the provision of the design services on production of appropriate documentation.
- Any drawings, designs, images, animation or any other examples of design work and related materials in any form provided by Ocula to demonstrate or promote its design services are private and confidential and owned by Ocula. They may not be used or relied upon by any other party without the prior consent of Ocula. Liability to any third party for any reason is specifically excluded.
- Title in or ownership of any intellectual property rights in the design works created during the provision of the design services for the Client shall remain owned by Ocula until the Client has paid in full for the design services. All intellectual property rights will pass to the Client after final payment and the Client shall licence to Ocula free of charge all intellectual property rights in the design works required by it for any promotion, advertising and marketing of its business.
- Ocula shall not be held liable for any loss, liability, claim or damage (including loss of revenue, business or profits, loss or corruption of data), or any special, indirect or consequential loss, arising from the provision of the design services, or from any infringement of any intellectual property rights arising from the Client’s use of the design works.
- Ocula shall use reasonable endeavours to meet the deadlines for the design work agreed with the Client, however, time is not of the essence.
- Any statement by Ocula Ltd as to the date of completion of the Commission is an estimate only. Ocula will use reasonable endeavours to comply with any timetable but will be under no liability to the client or any other person in the event the Commission is not completed by the agreed date. Ocula Ltd alone shall specify when the commission or any stage thereof has been completed.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law excluded.
- Ocula shall be entitled to terminate the design services provided to the Client without liability or compensation or damages if the Client does not pay Ocula in accordance with condition 3 above. In the event of this, the Client shall return to Ocula all design work or related materials provided to it as part of the design services.
- Unless specifically stated, Ocula’s price does not include for any costs or services which may be required from other consultants, should other consultants be required and the Client agrees to this, the Client shall bear the costs of this.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law.